Deciding whether to use a real estate agent when you buy or sell your next home is a question that you may have asked yourself earlier. If you are not sure if it would be beneficial to use a real estate agent, maybe this article may help.
The 2011 profile of home buyers and sellers created and distributed by the National Association of Realtors shows that sales to owners FSBO accounted for only 10 percent of home sales. Even the average FSBO listing sold for 150,000 while the average real estate agent assisted homes sold for 215,000. While many believe that they can save time and money by selling the home on their own, this is often not the case. They do not usually understand the trials that accompany selling their home FSBO. The home buyers and sellers profile shows the most difficult tasks for an FSBO are
Understand the housing market and note its home at the right price.
Understand the current paperwork and fill in everything.
To have enough time to handle all aspects of sales. This would promote the home, show the home, answer phone calls and email about the home etc.
Decide whether to spend extra money to prepare or fix the home.
Sales of the home within a certain timeframe.
Buying or selling a home is usually the biggest investment that most people will make in their lives. Whether you are buying a new home or selling your existing home, a real estate agent can help protect your interests and potentially save you a large amount of money. We have compiled a list of benefits for both homebuyers and sellers.
Reason to use a real estate agent when buying a home
- A home buyer is usually not required to pay real estate agents. When a real estate agent represents a home buyer when buying a home, the commission paid by its agent is paid by the home seller. The commission is taken from the selling price.
- Real Estate Brokers have access to Multiple Listing Service MLS. MLS is a real estate broker who gives them the most information about homes available for sale in your area.
This service is not available to the public. With MLS, an agent can find information about the home, taxes, how long it has been listed, price changes, special features at home etc.
- Agents have knowledge of the area. A real estate agent should be able to tell you about neighborhoods, schools, activities, recreation areas, etc. that are available in the areas you want to buy.
- Agents know how to negotiate with the seller on your behalf. Negotiating the price of a home can often be very difficult. In todays market it is not uncommon to request closing costs to be paid, repairs to be completed, home warranty or inspections. Real estate agents can often negotiate items in the home such as washing machines tumble dryers, refrigerators or furniture in the sale of the property. Your real estate job is to make sure you get the best deal.
- Agents continue the deal. Once your offer has been approved, you will have many tasks that must be completed in a short period of time. Your agent can help you keep track of and orchestrate all the information required in the purchase process.
Reasons to use a real estate agent when selling a home
- A real estate agent is worth the commission. When you actually consider all the things your agent will do for you from the time they list the home to the time it sells, the payment paid to the agent is usually money good. Often an agent can help you get your home sold much faster and for more money than you can have on your own.
- Agents understand the current housing market. Choose an agent living in your area. This agent will understand the neighborhood, home values, the benefits of the area and local competition.
- Agents know how to sell your home. This is their job, and just like any other job if they do not do a good job they get fired. A real estate agent is a professional and should know what they are doing. Its often a good idea to get an agent record before they let them sell your home. Selling any home takes experience, dedication and knowledge in this market. Their job is to attract buyers and sell the home.
- Agents know what makes the houses to sell. Your agent can advise you on what can be done to your home to get it sold faster. Everything from placing the home to make minor repairs or upgrades.
- Agents will place your home on MLS. A real estate broker has access to Multiple Listing Service MLS. This tool is only available to real estate agents and allows them to get your home in front of thousands of other agents and buyers.